In 1938 a group of Christian families living in the Gosforth area felt the need for a Bible based church for weekly services. The church was able to rent premises above the Co-operative Society on the Great North Road in Gosforth, and the new church began to meet there and take shape. The church grew and a fund was established to provide a more suitable building for the growing fellowship.
In 1960, the present site in Regent Farm Road became available and with some imaginative planning (it was an ex-Coal Board tip) a new building which cost £7,500 was built on the site. The church continued to grow and in 1970 an extension was added with a new kitchen and extra facilities.
In 1988 a fiftieth anniversary celebration was held, with several of the originators present..
In 2007, the church appointed its first full-time elder.
In 2011 the Church also appointed it’s first Youth Worker