The role of the deacons is to co-ordinate the practical care and welfare for those in our church and in contact with our church, who are in need.
Examples of the kind of practical care offered and provided by the deacons are:
* The provision of meals for a period of time during illness or after the birth of a baby.
* The provision of lifts - to church or necessary appointments
* Visiting those who find it hard to get out or who are in hospital
* Help with DIY tasks and gardening
* Practical help after redundancy or during financial difficulty
Peter & Heidi
Hi! We married in 2006 and have 3 lovely and lively children that keep us on our toes. Peter was raised in the North East and is a Biomedical Scientist, having studied microbiology at Leeds University. Born and bred in Cumbria, Heidi came to Newcastle upon Tyne to train as a Paediatric Nurse and loved the North East so much she stayed here. Heidi now works part time as a Paediatric Nurse fitting shifts around family life.
We are both active members of Regent Chapel, involved in various activities there. Heidi has been a member since 1995 and Peter since 2006.
When we get some spare time we like to walk, read, meet with friends, watch a good film, drink coffee and sleep. Peter also enjoys cycling and football. Heidi likes to avoid cycling and football but does enjoy a swim and used to enjoy running….and maybe will again.
Jon & Rachel