The role of the deacons is to co-ordinate the practical care and welfare for those in our church and in contact with our church, who are in need.
Examples of the kind of practical care offered and provided by the deacons are:
* The provision of meals for a period of time during illness or after the birth of a baby.
* The provision of lifts - to church or necessary appointments
* Visiting those who find it hard to get out or who are in hospital
* Help with DIY tasks and gardening
* Practical help after redundancy or during financial difficulty
Paul & Rita
Hi! We were both born in Newcastle, although Rita did move to Doncaster for a while to train to teach and to work for the first few years of her career. Paul worked in the Civil Service at Longbenton all his working life.
We are both now retired and enjoy caravanning, visiting the theatre and visiting family who live outside the area. Paul used to enjoy running and did the Great North Run a number of times. He enjoys football and is a season ticket holder at Newcastle United although that is not always enjoyable! Rita enjoys a variety of crafts, and she also attends the Sage in Gateshead where she is part of two Steel Pans groups.
We married at Regent Chapel in 1979 and have 3 grown up children and a lovely grand daughter who was born in 2018.